Thursday, February 1, 2007

Pwnd!

I consider myself a geek. I played D&D (albeit wrongly) when I was a wee lad of 13, I've had every videogame system since before the Atari 2600 had "2600" in its name, I was on bbs's when the fastest way to connect was a 1200 baud modem, and "Wargames" is solidly in the top 5 of my list of favorite movies. Ever.

Now, I know what pwned means. I've typed it hurriedly while playing Unreal Tournament and and I've pwned many poor suckas with my L33t skillz using a railgun. However, I never really knew how pwn should be pronounced. I correctly assumed it was pronounced like "pone" as in "cornpone", but until I actually Googled it today I wasn't positive, so I limited it's use to typing taunts in-game only. It's funny how, as a geek, you can worry about looking like a dork among other geeks. Dork.

No comments: